Whether you are planning a large formal event or a small intimate gathering, UUCB provides a welcoming, elegant environment for your wedding or commitment ceremony. The Sanctuary is a sacred space for all religious faiths. Our organ and two grand pianos are available for musical accompaniment for your ceremony.
Located just outside the Sanctuary, the tree-shaded Atrium is suitable for dancing and/or a light meal. It opens out onto the Terrace, offering a spectacular view of the Bay and Golden Gate Bridge. If desired, the Social Hall and professional kitchen can provide all that is required for a formal catered sit-down dinner accompanying your wedding. If you prefer a smaller celebration, the Fireside Room provides a warm, intimate environment and has a baby grand piano.
Generally, one of our church’s ministers meets with you as a couple at least twice before the wedding to get to know you better, discuss our faith and values, and talk with you about the spiritual issues and life challenges that often present themselves during the planning of a wedding.
As a progressive, pluralistic, welcoming congregation, it is important to us that anyone leading a service or ceremony in our church do so in a way that affirms the full equality and preciousness of people of all races, genders, gender expressions, sexual orientations, abilities, and cultures. So, if you wish to have a minister from another church or religious community officiate your wedding, the arrangement must be approved by one of our ministers. In most cases, we gladly welcome officiants from other traditions who are licensed to officiate in California.
|Room(s)||Rate||Duration||Late Out Fee||Security Deposit|
|Main building*||$3600.00||8 hours||$500.00 /hour||$500.00|
|Beyond 8 hrs||$450.00||Per hour|
|Fireside Room||$160.00||Per hour||$300.00 /hour|
|Capacities||Standing||Seated (theater style)||Seated (at-table)|
- 8 consecutive hours of choice on Saturday between 10:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m.
- Friday rentals are 2:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Chosen hours include set up and clean up.
- Consultation with Rental Manager and Lead Facilities Coordinator
- A scheduled rehearsal
- Tables and chairs that are set up before the event begins
- Heavy cleaning after the event
- Basic sound system and up to 2 facilities staff persons
- Ample free parking; up to 300 guests.
- Main building rooms: Sanctuary, Atrium, Terrace, Social Hall, Kitchen; use of ancillary rooms by bridal and groom’s parties for dressing.