FAQs about Renting
- How do I find out about available dates?
Visit UUCB’s online calendar.
- If the date I’ve planned for my event is available, how do I secure it?
The answer depends on the type of event. If yours is not a wedding or memorial service, then contact the Rental Manager and, after your event has been approved, provide a security deposit. The amount varies depending on the number of attendees you expect. However, if your event is a wedding or memorial service, you will need to go through a short procedure first. Contact the Rental Manager and you will be provided with an application form to complete. Your completed form, in turn, will be forwarded to our co-ministers, who will vet your named officiant. Once the Rental Manager receives an approval, you can provide a deposit to secure your date.
- Once I’ve secured my date, what’s next?
Schedule an appointment with the Rental Manager to discuss the details of your event. You’ll be provided with a preliminary estimate of fees and approximately 90 days before your event, a final contract will be drawn up.
- Can I use a caterer who is not on the “preferred list?”
Yes. However, an additional security deposit will apply.
- Can I bring my own food if I want to have a potluck?
Yes. That is considered “self-catering” and an additional security deposit will apply.
- Do you permit alcohol at your rental events?
We allow beer, wine, and champagne, but no hard liquor.
- UUCB has an organ and a grand piano in the Sanctuary. May I hire a musician of my choice to play at my event?
The church’s principal organist has first right of refusal on all requirements for a keyboardist during your wedding or memorial service. If you opt to use your own musician and our organist is available, you will be required to pay a “bench fee.”
- Can I rent tables and chairs from another vendor and use them during my event?
Yes. You’re welcome to bring outside rental equipment in for your event. Please be advised that all rental equipment must be picked up immediately after your event.
Here are some helpful tips to consider if you’re thinking about renting UUCB for your special event:
- Be sure to check available dates on our online calendar first!
- Facility tours are available by appointment only. No “drop-ins,” please. Appointments may be scheduled by email.
- Rental office hours: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, 9:30 am–12:30 pm and 1:30 to 5:00 pm.
- ALL renters are required to obtain day-of-event liability insurance with $1,000,000 coverage which names UUCB as additional insured. No exceptions.
- We have an excellent selection of caterers on our “preferred list.” Use of a caterer not on our list requires an additional security deposit. Contact the Rental Manager for details.