In Person, Facebook Live and YouTube. Identifying a common foundation might be the most challenging aspect of our shared theological house. If the foundation represents our understanding of human nature and our relationship to the holy—a theological anthropology—is there anything that can be said to support us all together as Unitarian Universalists?
In Person Coffee Hour
Join us in the Social Hall for coffee and a snack or light lunch.
- Personal Theology - Rev. Carolyn West, "What the Heck is Jesus Doing at UUCB?"
- 9:30 a.m. IN-PERSON AND ON ZOOM -- streamed into Fireside Room. Rev. Carolyn West has graced the Personal Theology program many times before and we are so happy that she has agreed to return to talk about ‘What the Heck is Jesus Doing at UUCB?’ As Rev. Carolyn says, "Believe me when I tell you that finding Jesus at UUCB was an utter surprise! To be honest (TBH), it's hard to talk about. So, let's get to it and unpack our assumptions about belief and about Jesus and about other aspects of belief systems. Click the heading for the link and more information about Rev. Carolyn.
- Personal Theology - Rev. Zae Asa Illo, Youth Spirit Artworks, "My Personal Journey."
- 9:30 a.m. ZOOM ONLY STREAMED TO FIRESIDE ROOM. Rev. Zae Asa Illo, Operations Manager of Youth Spirit Artworks (our Good Neighbor who is providing Tiny Houses for unhoused youth--is a recently ordained minister and will share his personal journey. Living a life of radical hospitality and a commitment to love and serve others is how we know when we are encountering great souls. Come hear Rev. Zae talk about what it takes to keep focused on what is true and real--which we must love and care for each other in whatever ways we can. Click the above heading for the link and more information about Rev. Zae Illo.
- Schubert & Gjeilo Choral Concert
- Enjoy Schubert’s immortal melodic gift in his lovely, gentle Mass in G - composed while he was a teenager - and the Norwegian-American composer Ola Gjeilo’s cinematic setting of Walt Whitman’s uplifting “Song of the Universal.” Singers from UUCB and the wider community join in this choral concert on October 8, Sunday, at 1:30. With a professional string orchestra and outstanding soloists we'll share these two large works and a variety of shorter, intimate gems in a...
- No Personal Theology
- No Personal Theology Today
- Personal Theology - Dr. Victoria Lee, "The Poet of Rumi"
- 9:30 a.m. ZOOM ONLY. STREAMED TO THE FIRESIDE ROOM. Dr. Victoria Lee, a treasured member of UUCB, is a devotee and expert on ‘The Poetry of Rumi.” Be prepared to be transported to inner spaces that we don't often visit in our busy lives. Dr. Lee will read selected poems of Rumi and engage with us on the poetry's impact, nuance and transformative power. Click the above heading for the link.
Events at UUCB
UUCB on Facebook
UUCB - Unitarian Universalist Church of Berkeley
A liberal church supporting a free and responsible search for truth and meaning, social justice, and