UUCB Vaccination Policy
Update to UUCB Board of Trustees Vaccination Policy
On May 3, 2023, the UUCB Board of Trustees suspended the June 1, 2022 policy requiring COVID-19 vaccination for all those who attend in-person church events at our UUCB campus. Board policy no longer requires either affirmation or proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
The Board will consider reinstating the vaccination requirement if such reinstatement is recommended by either the Executive Director or by a process set out in the updated UUCB Safety Policy (after such update is completed by the Safety Policy Task Force).
The UUCB Board of Trustees has authorized the Executive Director to make changes in contagious disease protocols, including masking, at least until the Safety Policy Task Force has established a revised Safety Policy that addresses contagious disease.
In support of this, the Executive Director will monitor COVID conditions and be aware of public health situations that affect the congregation until the Safety Policy Task Force completes its revision of UUCB safety policy that also address infectious diseases. If COVID risk again rises to a high level in Alameda or Contra Costa Counties, the Executive Director will inform the board for consideration of a review of policies and protocols.
Additional Recommendations on In-person Attendance
- UUCB continues to require these affirmations of anyone who participates in activity at the church:
- They are not ill and have no symptoms of contagious disease
- They have not tested positive for COVID-19 within the last 5 days
- They have not been in close contact with anyone who tested positive for COVID-19 within the last 5 days
- They acknowledge their responsibility to notify people they had close contact with, if they test positive for COVID-19, within 4 days after attendance
- The UUCB Board of Trustees supports the decision of lay leaders and church administration that Sunday check-in should continue in order to provide the church with valuable data to inform efficient and effective church operations.