Safety Guidelines for Sunday Activities
For all in-person Sunday Activities
For Sunday In-person Worship, Programs and Activities
(Updated September 2023)
Those who attend must affirm that
- They are not ill and have no symptoms of contagious disease
- They have not tested positive for COVID-19 within the last 5 days
- They have not been in close contact with anyone who tested positive for COVID-19 within the last 5 days
- They acknowledge their responsibility to notify people they had close contact with, if they test positive for COVID-19 within 4 days after attendance
Attendance in person indicates your affirmation of the above, and your willingness to follow safety guidelines.
The worship service takes place indoors in our Sanctuary where, along with all other areas of the church, masking is optional. You can read the full announcement here.
We recommend that vulnerable people follow CDC and California Department of Public Health advice and continue to wear masks indoors in public spaces, as they judge it necessary for their health. The UUCB Board of Trustees affirms the right of anyone to wear a mask while engaged in any activity on the UUCB campus, regardless of safety protocols, without fear of complaint.
Respect the safety concerns of others by maintaining physical distance as indicated by their lanyards (particularly when choosing a seat in the Sanctuary):
- Red = I’m glad to see you, and prefer to maintain a 6’ distance
- Yellow = I’m comfortable being closer but prefer no hugging or touching today
- Green = I welcome hugs, but please do ask me first
You may choose or change your lanyard at the Welcome Table on Sundays.
Please use hand sanitizer and/or wash your hands.
After any in-person gathering: if you become ill or test positive for COVID-19 within 4 days of attending, please notify those with whom you had close contact. If you need help, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. (In any case, if you become ill with COVID-19, please let the church know, so that our Pastoral Care team can check in with you to see if you need help.)