Freestone Oversight Committee
CALL FOR NOMINATIONS TO THE NEWLY-FORMING FREESTONE OVERSIGHT COMMITTEE
Dear UUCB members,
On March 26, the congregation approved Board Resolution 22-1, thereby authorizing and launching the future development of UUCB’s Freestone property in Sonoma County.
As a first step in this launch, the Board will establish the Freestone Oversight Committee (FOC) and is requesting nominations.
The new committee’s responsibilities are to
- administer the direction of the congregation as expressed in the Resolution, which includes supervising and coordinating the work to meet the guidelines of the Resolution
- be accountable in fulfilling its purpose to the Board of Trustees, which has the authority to direct the committee’s actions within the parameters of the Resolution
- be inclusive of members holding a broad range of points of view regarding Freestone; the purpose of the FOC is to keep the work on Freestone in alignment with UUCB’s mission and goals
The committee will be composed, at a minimum, of
- three members nominated by the Freestone Committee
- one current or former member of the Stewardship Committee
- at least one other congregant or Board Member
It is anticipated that the committee will meet at least once per month, with day and time to be decided at a later date. Additional information regarding the scope of the FOC can be found in these documents.
Please send your nominations to email@example.com by April 28th. You may nominate yourself or another congregant.
In Beloved Community,
Helen Tinsley-Jones and Pier Sun Ho
Co-Presidents, Board of Trustees