Stewardship is showing we care about UUCB—what it has meant for ourselves and our loved ones and what it can mean for the wider world and future generations. Stewardship is taking responsibility for fairly compensating our church staff, maintaining our facilities, operating our programs, and sustaining our commitment to the greater Unitarian Universalist movement. “Stewards are caretakers with a forward vision. They hold something in trust. They ensure that it will be there in the future for the benefit of others. Successful stewards not only protect, but help something to improve and grow. Their actions are empowering. This is true regardless of whether we are stewards of the earth, institutions, people, or our Unitarian Universalist faith.” (From UUA curriculum, Stewardship: the Joy of Giving)
We build on foundations we did not lay.
We warm ourselves at fires we did not light.
We sit in the shade of trees we did not plant.
We drink from wells we did not dig.
We profit from persons we did not know.
We are ever bound in community.
~Deuteronomy 6:10-12, adapted by UU minister Rev. Dr. Peter S. Raible (1929-2004)
Yes, welcome to our vibrant, large, diverse and compassionate UUCB community where we share our stories. We are fulfilling our hopes and dreams and our vision for the future.
Pledging for 2017-2018
As we enter a new era for UUCB and in these challenging times, we value UUCB more than ever to deepen our spiritual lives, nurture our communities and heal the world. We need each other. We need to share our love, talents, and yes our financial resources to accomplish the following:
- To ensure a bright future for UUCB and our new ministers, the Revs. Christian and Kristin Schmidt, as they bring new ideas and energy to congregational life
- To learn more about ourselves and how to make a difference and be a good person in a troubled world
- To leverage our deeply needed hands and hearts for our ministry both in our congregation and in the larger world
Your pledges are the largest source of funds to support all this effort. Your value for UUCB and your generosity are vital to our future together.
UUCB is a large operation (see How UUCB Works Financially), and requires strong support from all its members at whatever level they can afford. Please give generously to support this spiritual community for you and for generations to come.
The pledge form for the 2017-2018 pledge year is available here and on the table outside the church offices. You can:
- send it (or your questions) to the Stewardship Team by email (firstname.lastname@example.org), or
- print and send by mail (attention: Stewardship, UUCB, 1 Lawson Rd., Kensington, CA 94707), or
- fax (Pledge Drive: 510-525-9631), or
- drop it off at the church offices.