Giving for the long term
UUCB’s Endowment Fund
To encourage Planned Giving at our church, the Congregation has established a UUCB Endowment Fund to hold gifts and bequests from our members or friends.
Earnings from investments in the Endowment Fund can be spent, but the principal is never touched. Over a long enough period of time, the Endowment Fund can become very substantial, and can provide a large and secure source of income for our church.
Our Endowment Fund has grown to in excess of $1 million in funds received from past and current members and friends of UUCB.
Ways to Donate
- Write a check today and make an immediate donation to the UUCB Endowment Fund
- Donate shares of stock
- Make a bequest in your will
- Transfer assets to a revocable trust with UUCB’s Endowment Fund named as a beneficiary
- Name the UUCB Endowment Fund the beneficiary of your unused retirement account assets
- Set up a gift annuity fund which gifts cash or marketable property to the Endowment Fund which are reinvested and you receive a guarantee to be paid a fixed income for life (or for another beneficiary’s lifetime)
- Contribute to a Pooled Income Fund which pays you an income every year based on the earnings income of the funds you contribute to the Pool
- Gift investment property real estate to the Endowment Fund to avoid capital gains taxes
- Establish a Charitable Remainder Trust whereby UUCB’s Endowment Fund benefits as you receive a fixed or variable income stream
Your donation will encourage others to give and support the UUCB Endowment Fund.
Recent Seminar: UUCB or Uncle Sam!
On March 19, 2016, The Endowment Committee held a Seminar on strategies to reduce your taxes through charitable giving. Presenters were Laurel Randell, UUA (Legacy Gifts Manager) and Eugene Demmler, LPL (Registered Investment Advisor).
What can you do?
Do I need an Estate Planning Attorney?
Does this offset the need for giving through our annual pledging program?
Can I specify how my gift gets used?
Maybeck Legacy Society
Have you left a legacy gift in your estate plan that will strengthen the foundation of UUCB’s liberal spiritual community? Would you like to learn how you can include UUCB in your estate plans while also taking care of your loved ones?
If the answer to either of these questions is “yes,” please contact our ministers or the Endowment Committee to learn more about the Maybeck Legacy Society.
If you have any questions please send an e-mail to the members of the Endowment Committee.
- Visit the UUA Planned Giving website
- The Endowment Committee manages the UUCB Endowment for the UUCB Board